Speedrunner reaches Breath of the Wild credits on Switch 2, a console which isn’t even out yet

The Nintendo Switch 2 won’t be in our hands for over a month yet (sigh), but a speedrunner has already reached the credits of the Nintendo Switch 2 Edition of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

As reported by VGC, the Japanese speedrunner known as Ikaboze posted a video of his handiwork on his YouTube channel after attending a Switch 2 preview event in Tokyo. Attendees were able to play a 10-minute demo of the souped-up original Switch launch game, but Ikaboze only needed seven minutes of the allotted time to dispose of Ganon in the game’s epic final battle.

To be clear, this was not an any% run of the entire game, where the current top times all clock in around 23 minutes. The speedrunner loaded an autosave that spawned him outside Hyrule Castle, where he immediately dropped all of Link’s equipment and made a beeline for his longtime nemesis. Ikaboze was able to take down Ganon before the demo’s time was up, to the delight of a crowd of onlookers, who applauded as the credits started to roll. The speedrunner was reportedly told by Nintendo staff at the event that they were the first person to have completed the Breath of the Wild demo.

The updated versions of both Breath of the Wild and its 2023 sequel, Tears of the Kingdom, will be available to play on Switch 2 on launch day, which remains June 5 worldwide despite the pre-order holdup in the US. According to Nintendo, Nintendo Switch 2 Edition games improve performance and resolution, as well as adding HDR support. There’s also a new Zelda companion app that will let you track down missing Koroks and shrines on your save file.

Those who already own the base game can upgrade for $10, and if you’re a Nintendo Switch Online + Expansion Pack member you’ll be able to play the Switch 2 versions of both BotW and TotK as part of your subscription. Good luck trying to beat Ikaboze, though.

This article originally appeared on Engadget at https://www.engadget.com/gaming/speedrunner-reaches-breath-of-the-wild-credits-on-switch-2-a-console-which-isnt-even-out-yet-173004158.html?src=rss 

Borderlands 4 release date moves up to September 12

The ground has just shifted for anyone trying to figure out the exact release date for Grand Theft Auto 6 as 2K has altered plans for another game in its stable, Borderlands 4. The latest entry in Gearbox’s series will arrive 11 days earlier than previously announced as it will debut on September 12.

After teasing a delay, Gearbox co-founder and CEO Randy Pitchford said “the team has been working very hard. Everything’s going great, actually. In fact, everything’s going kind of the best case scenario. The game is awesome, the team is cooking.” As such, Gearbox and 2K are bringing the release date forward. Gearbox said the decision was made after “a lot of meetings, playtesting and incredible development work.”

Announcement about the Borderlands 4 launch date – Please watch until the end: pic.twitter.com/cF85jG1p09

— Randy Pitchford (@DuvalMagic) April 29, 2025

Sony is hosting a dedicated State of Play for Borderlands 4 on April 30 (which is tomorrow, fact fans). The stream will run for around 20 minutes or so and you can watch it on the PlayStation’s Twitch and YouTube channels at 5PM ET.

Meanwhile, that sound you just heard was countless game developers and publishers scrambling to deduce what the revised Borderlands 4 date means for GTA 6. The latter is still scheduled to arrive this fall and 2K is likely to want to have a buffer of at least a few weeks to avoid cannibalizing Borderlands 4 sales. If the fall release window still holds for GTA 6, that means it should arrive sometime in October or November (2K will certainly want to have the game out before Black Friday in that scenario).

It’s been widely reported that publishers and studios are holding off on revealing release dates for any games they have coming out this fall to see when GTA 6 lands, so they can give that guaranteed juggernaut as wide a berth as possible. As it happens, Sony is one of the few companies that’s locked in fall dates for major games. Marathon will drop on Borderlands 4‘s old date of September 23 while Ghost of Yōtei is slated to hit PS5 on October 2. Perhaps Sony, which is working with 2K on promoting Borderlands 4, knows more about the GTA 6 release date than it’s letting on.

This article originally appeared on Engadget at https://www.engadget.com/gaming/borderlands-4-release-date-moves-up-to-september-12-154958162.html?src=rss 

Hydrinity’s ENCORE Body Hydrator is Bringing Clinical Skincare Science to the Entire Body

In the world of skincare, the face often takes center stage. Serums, masks, treatments, and high-tech tools are designed almost exclusively for the delicate skin above the neck. But what about the rest of the body? It’s a question Hydrinity, a fast-growing professional skincare brand in the U.S., set out to answer with the launch…

In the world of skincare, the face often takes center stage. Serums, masks, treatments, and high-tech tools are designed almost exclusively for the delicate skin above the neck. But what about the rest of the body? It’s a question Hydrinity, a fast-growing professional skincare brand in the U.S., set out to answer with the launch… 

Amazon denies report that it plans to show tariff impacts on its prices

Amazon has refuted a report which said it was planning to tell consumers how much of a product’s price was due to the impact of tariffs that the Trump administration has imposed on imports, particularly those from China. According to Punchbowl News, Amazon was going to display this right next to an item’s total price. However, that’s not the case, Amazon said in a statement.

“The team that runs our ultra low cost Amazon Haul store has considered listing import charges on certain products,” an Amazon spokesperson told The Washington Post (which is owned by Amazon founder Jeff Bezos). “This was never a consideration for the main Amazon site and nothing has been implemented on any Amazon properties.”

During Tuesday’s White House press briefing, Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt responded to a question regarding the Punchbowl report and called the purported plan “a hostile and political act by Amazon.” Citing a Reuters report from 2021, Leavitt claimed that Amazon had partnered with “a Chinese propaganda arm.”

Amazon Haul is a discount storefront that the company debuted to compete with low-cost Chinese retailers Temu and Shein. In recent days, Temu started including “import charges” of around 145 percent on various products, matching tariffs that the Trump administration imposed on many imports from China. Shein also increased prices, though it hasn’t explicitly pinned the blame on “import charges,” per CNBC. “Tariffs are included in the price you pay,” a banner displayed at checkout reads. “You’ll never have to pay extra at delivery.”

Meanwhile, Amazon said on Tuesday it plans to hold its annual blockbuster Prime Day sale this July. According to Reuters, however, some third-party Amazon sellers plan to opt out of this year’s event amid uncertainty over tariffs.

This article originally appeared on Engadget at https://www.engadget.com/big-tech/amazon-denies-report-that-it-plans-to-show-tariff-impacts-on-its-prices-144320278.html?src=rss 

Samsung’s 512GB Pro Plus microSD card hits an all-time low of $30

The Samsung 512GB Pro Plus microSD card has hit an all-time low price. You can pick one up for just $30 via Amazon, which is a massive discount of 40 percent. The 256GB model is also on sale, but it’s actually slightly more expensive than the 512GB card.

This model came in second on our list of the best microSD cards, and with good reason. It’s fast, with up to 180 MB/s transfer speeds. It also comes with a USB reader, which is a must for integrating with certain PCs. The card performed admirably in our long-term testing, so it should last for a good while without any issues.

The zippy read and write speeds make it particularly suited for portable game consoles, so it’s worth considering as an accessory for the Steam Deck and the original Nintendo Switch. As a heads up, it will not work with the Nintendo Switch 2, as the upcoming console requires a MicroSD Express card.

Beyond being locked out of the Switch 2 party, this is a great all-around microSD card at an unbeatable price. The only real downside is that Samsung caps the warranty at ten years, and some companies go longer than that.

Follow @EngadgetDeals on X for the latest tech deals and buying advice.

This article originally appeared on Engadget at https://www.engadget.com/deals/samsungs-512gb-pro-plus-microsd-card-hits-an-all-time-low-of-30-152245638.html?src=rss 

Amazon deploys the first Project Kuiper internet satellites

Amazon has finally launched its first batch of Project Kuiper internet satellites on top of a United Launch Alliance Atlas V rocket. The company was supposed to send the first 27 satellites in the constellation, which will eventually be comprised of more than 3,200 satellites, on April 8. However, the event got pushed back. A previous Bloomberg investigation claimed that Kuiper was way behind schedule, because the company was struggling to ramp up the production of its satellites. If true, the company will have to ask for an extension from the FCC to fulfill its commitment to the government, requiring it to put 1,600 satellites in orbit next summer. 

An Amazon spokesperson denied that the company was having manufacturing issues, however. They said that Amazon was on track to support its target and that it will continue increasing its production and launch rates. Around seven hours after launch, Amazon CEO Andy Jassy announced that the company has confirmed that its “first 27 production satellites are operating as expected in low Earth orbit.” Amazon now has over 80 launches scheduled with ULA on top of the Atlas V and the aerospace corporation’s newer Vulcan Centaur heavy lift vehicles. The company’s goal is to provide internet access to far-flung regions not typically reached by conventional internet connections. Its staunchest rival, SpaceX’s Starlink, already has over 7,000 functioning satellites in orbit. 

Important moment for @ProjectKuiper as we just confirmed our first 27 production satellites are operating as expected in low Earth orbit. While this is the first step in a much longer journey to launch the rest of our low Earth orbit constellation, it represents an incredible… pic.twitter.com/sb2eO6n6Im

— Andy Jassy (@ajassy) April 29, 2025

This article originally appeared on Engadget at https://www.engadget.com/science/space/amazon-deploys-the-first-project-kuiper-internet-satellites-140006298.html?src=rss 

WhatsApp is reportedly bringing voice and video calls to browsers

Microsoft will shut Skype down on Monday, May 5, in less than a week’s time. While it’s long fallen by the wayside in favor of Zoom, Teams and Google Meet, more users might be turning to WhatsApp. The Meta-owned messaging platform is reportedly working on a feature that would bring voice and video calling to its web browser, WABetaInfo reports

WhatsApp already allows voice and video calls on its Mac and Windows apps, but this update would allow users to access these functions without downloading an app. While I’m happy to have the app on my personal computer, this could benefit anyone who doesn’t want to download WhatsApp on a work computer. Right now, the feature is only under development, but there’s a preview of it below. 

WABetaInfo

WhatsApp has taken additional measures recently to make calling easier. In March, the platform launched a call menu feature for one-on-one and group chats. It allows users to quickly choose a type of call from within the chat or to send a call link. 

This article originally appeared on Engadget at https://www.engadget.com/big-tech/whatsapp-is-reportedly-bringing-voice-and-video-calls-to-browsers-130026611.html?src=rss 

Yelp will use AI to help restaurants answer calls and make phone reservations

Yelp has announced new AI-powered call answering features for restaurants and services as part of its Spring Product Release. With the service, currently under development, the company hopes that “businesses never have to miss a call again.” 

“In this next step of our product transformation, we’re continuing to harness AI to unlock the potential of Yelp’s rich data in ways that build trust and simplify decision-making — whether users are hiring a pro or booking a reservation,” Yelp’s chief product officer, Craig Saldanha, said in a statement. “By grounding our AI in real consumer behavior and business data, we’re creating intuitive, transparent features that improve the experience for everyone on Yelp.”

The AI-powered system “will be fully integrated into Yelp’s platform with customizable features and the ability to answer general questions, filter spam, transfer calls when needed, and capture messages.” For restaurants, it will make reservations, put guests on a waitlist and highlight deals like happy hours. It will be part of Yelp Guest Manager, which is also getting a few updates to streamline operations — plus, a new Guest Experience Survey. 

Users calling services will be able to provide project details, get answers to follow-up questions and receive a call back from the company. For example, if a person has an issue with their car, they can give information to the AI system and receive potential solutions. Every business will be able to customize the AI service’s greetings, choose when a call should be forwarded and determine follow-up questions.

This article originally appeared on Engadget at https://www.engadget.com/ai/yelp-will-use-ai-to-help-restaurants-answer-calls-and-make-phone-reservations-143320476.html?src=rss 

Generated by Feedzy
Exit mobile version